See how stubborn PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A is
Victim: Every time I turn on my PC MSE sends the notification "Detected threat has been removed" and when I check the history it is labelled as PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A. I've tried running full scans with MSE and Microsoft security scanner but no luck…
Know more about PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A is detected as an extremely dangerous Trojan horse that is capable of stealing your sensitive information for profitable purposes. This kind of Trojan often comes with free downloads from the Internet. It should be removed from your system as soon as possible; otherwise, you may suffer quite a lot of computer issues as time go by.
- It disables firewall settings and blocks other useful software in the infected PC.
- It drops malicious files making the system more vulnerable.
- It drags down the PC performance by eating a mass of computer source.
- It downloads other kinds of computer threats such as browser hijacker, spyware, and worm.
- It connects your computer to a remote server, helping hackers taking control of your PC.
Depending on what will be caused by PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A, you are strongly advised to remove it from the infected PC as soon as possible.
Useful tips on removing PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
- Option One: PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A Manual Removal Instruction
- Option Two: PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A Automatic Removal Instruction Using SpyHunter
Option One: PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking
Restart the computer and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
Step 2. End all the harmful running processes
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK. Stop all the suspicious running processes.
Step 3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
Click Start menu; click Run; type: msconfig in the Run box; click OK to open the System Configuration Utility; Disable all possible startup items generated.
Step 4. Delete malicious files generated by PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
1. Go to Disk C, click Organize, and then select Folder and search options. When Folder Options dialog box pops up, click the View tab. In the Advanced settings, tick "Show hidden files, folders and drives", untick "Hide extensions for known file types", and then click "OK".
When the hidden folder shows, look for the following files and delete them all.
Step 5. Delete the following registry entries created by PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A
Open Registry Editor to delete all the registries as below Guide: open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter.)
Step 6. Reset your web browsers to clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies.
Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools > Internet options. Here, go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button. Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings and click on Reset option. Finally, click Close and OK to save the changes.
Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information. Here, select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
Open Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin. Now click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
There may be some other issues such as windows registry errors in your system. To avoid potential risk and to delete junk files, we recommended RegCure Pro.
Step 7. Optimize your PC using RegCure Pro
Note: You can download and use RegCure Pro with confidence for it doesn't contain any additional items or conflict with your current used antivirus program.
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems.
1. Click the below button to download RegCure Pro to your PC.
2. Click the Run button to enter in installation process and then follow the instruction to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4. The first system scan will take some time, please be patient. The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
5. When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc.
Step 1. Click on the below button to free download SpyHunter on your PC.
Step 2. Click the Run button to enter the setup program and follow the installation steps until setup is complete.
Step 3. When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to exit the installation.
Step 5. Allow the program to scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now! button. If you would like to have a quick scan on your PC, please check the Quick Scan box; otherwise, untick it.
Step 6. The first scan will take some time, please be patient while waiting for the scanning result.
PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A is really a malicious computer threat that can perform many evil tasks on the infected PC. It is advised to remove this risky Trojan immediately.
Download SpyHunter to delete PWS:MSIL/Mintluks.A completely.
Download RegCure Pro to fix slow PC performance easily.
Note: The free versions of SypHunter and RegCure Pro are only for detection. If they detect malware or junk files on your PC, you will need to purchase the removal tool to remove the malware or junk files.