A lot of people are wondering how this nasty virus goes into their computers as they all operate the PC as usual. Variants of Win32/Viking.G are spread through compromised web pages, emails and the downloading offree software that come from unreliable sources.
You also need to pay attention to the pop-ups when you search the internet, because some pop-ups may not be from the formal websites but the links from Win32/Viking.G, once you click on them, your PC will be easily controlled by in a short time.
In other cases, Win32/Viking.G is able to take advantages of security loop holes with the compromised PC and get installed into the target system without users even knowing it.To guard against virus like Win32/Viking.G, you'd better keep your antivirus software up to date and scan your system regularly.
It is no double that Win32/Viking.G need to remove from your system as soon as possible as this pesky Trojan horse may decline your PC performance by taking up quite a lot of computer resources in the background, changing your browsing and system settings and chiseling up back doors to cause system vulnerabilities which may offer a good chance for other kinds of computer infections to invade into your compromised system.
Two effective methods are provided for you to remove Win32/Viking.G completely from your system.
Method one: Step by Step Manual Removal Guide for Win32/Viking.G
1. Open Folder Options: clicking the Start button> Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. After that clicking the View tab.
2. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Completely removing Win32/Viking.G manually
1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys “CTRL + Shift + ESC”, search for Win32/Viking.G processes and right-click to end them.
2. Get rid of the following files created by Win32/Viking.G:
%Temp%\[random] C:\WINDOWS\system32\[random name].dll C:\Windows\System32\lxbu_device.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\NCUSBw32.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdk8.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\avidstartup.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\mail2ec.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\o2flash.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\p1131vid.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\tb2launch.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdica.dll
3. Open Registry Editor (in Windows XP, go to Start Menu, run, type in “Regedit” and press OK; in Windows 7 & Windows Vista, go to Start menu, Search, type in “Regedit”), find out the following Win32/Viking.G registry entries and delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" = '.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;.scr;' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random]" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
Helpful Video Guide for Manual Removal
Method two: Remove Win32/Viking.G Automatically with SpyHunter
1. Click the "Download" button to download SpyHunter.
2. Run the file by double clicking it, and then click the Save button to start the installations process.
3. Follow the steps on Setup Wizard to complete the SpyHunter installation process.
4. After the installation, run Spyhunter to regain a clean and safe PC.
Note: Win32/Viking.G is very tricky, it mutates frequently and changes its names usually. You must be very careful when you manually delete its malicious files, registries and folders. If you are not professional, you are recommended to download Spyhunter - the useful and popular antivirus software to automatically remove Win32/Viking.G and other threats from your system completely. In order to protect your PC from being infected with computer viruses in the future, you are also suggested to use Spyhunter to scan your PC at regular time.