Type: Trojan Horse
Systems Affected: All Windows Operating Systems
Alert Level: High
Know more about Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP
Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP is an extremely dangerous Trojan horse that often comes with free downloads from the Internet. It is designed by cyber criminals to pursue evil aims like stealing users' personal date so as to steal their money. This Trojan should be removed from your system as soon as possible; otherwise, you may suffer quite a lot of computer issues as time go by.
- It disables firewall settings and blocks other useful software in the infected PC;
- It drops malicious files and registry entries to the infected system, taking a large space of CPU usage;
- It changes the start-up items to allow itself being activated with system booting;
- It corrupts system files and programs files;
- It opens back doors on the infected computer;
- It connects your computer to a remote server, helping hackers taking control of your PC;
- It may allow other kinds of computer threats like spyware, malware and browser hijacker to invade into the compromised PC much more easily.
Depending on the above damages caused by Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP, you are strongly advised to remove Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP and all other PC threats introduced by it from your system now.
Delete Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP from PC Effectively
Method 1: Manually remove Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP by yourself
Method 2: Automatically remove Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP with SpyHunter
Method 1: Manually remove Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP by yourself
Step 1. Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking
- Press the Windows key + C, and then click Settings.
- Click Power, hold down Shift on your keyboard and click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings
- Click Restart.
- Press 5 on your keyboard to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 7/ XP/ Vista users:
Restart your PC before windows launches, tap "F8" constantly. Choose "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit Enter.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open Task Manager.
2. Locate the running task of Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP, and click End task.
Step 3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP
For Windows 8/ 7/ Vista users:
Click Start > type "msconfig" in the search bar > open System Configuration > go to Startup tab > disable all suspicious startup items
For Windows XP users:
Press Win+R to open Run Commend Box > type "msconfig" in it > press Enter key to open System Configuration Utility > disable all suspicious startup items
Step 4. Show hidden files and folders
Click on the Start menu and find Folder Options in Control Panel, select the View tab, and then tick "Show hidden files and folders" and non-tick "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and then click "OK".
%program files %\internet explorer\ Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP \[random].mof
%User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP
Step 6. Navigate to Registry Editor and clean up all Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP registry entries
1. Press Win+ R key at and same time to open Run Commend Box. Open Registry Editor by typing "regedit" in the Run box and clicking OK.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random name]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe "Debugger" = 'svchost.exe'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe "Debugger" = 'svchost.exe'
Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools > Internet options. Here, go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button. Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings and click on Reset option. Finally, click Close and OK to save the changes.
Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information. Here, select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
Open Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin. Now click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
Step 8. Reboot your PC to make changes
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc.
Step 1. Click on the below button to free download SpyHunter on your PC.
Step 2. Click the Run button to enter the setup program and follow the installation steps until setup is complete.
Step 3. When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to exit the installation.
Step 5. Allow the program to scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now! button. If you would like to have a quick scan on your PC, please check the Quick Scan box; otherwise, uncheck it.
Step 6. The first scan will take some time, please be patient while waiting for the scanning result.
Optional Step. Optimize your PC using RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems.
1. Click the below button to free download RegCure Pro to your PC.
(You can download and use RegCure Pro with confidence for it doesn't contain any additional items or conflict with your current used antivirus program.)
2. Click the Run button to enter in installation process and then follow the instruction to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4. The first system scan will take some time, please be patient. The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
5. When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP is really a malicious computer threat that can perform many evil tasks on the infected PC. It is advised to remove this risky Trojan immediately.
Download SpyHunter to delete Trojan:Win32/Patched.AP completely.
Download RegCure Pro to fix slow PC performance easily.
Note: The free versions of SypHunter and RegCure Pro are only for detection. If they detect malware or junk files on your PC, you will need to purchase the removal tool to remove the malware or junk files.