Know more about Homepage-web.com:
If Homepage-web.com manages to get inside the system, it may hijack Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other web browsers. Then, it takes over your homepage and search provider by modifying your browser settings against your will. That is why your web browser homepage and default search engine are suddenly changed to Homepage-web.com without your consents.
>> Download homepage-web.com Remover For Free Here
It also may spy on your browsing habits and steal the computer users’ sensitive personal information secretly. As a matter of fact, the Homepage-web.com is designed to make money. In some cases, the Homepage-web.com page will automatically load as a default homepage, forcing the computer users to visit malicious ads frequently. Thus, there are numerous pop-up ads, sponsored links and coupons that keep interrupting your online activities whenever you are online.
How to Remove Homepage-web.com Browser Hijacker Manually?
Step1: End all the processes related to Homepage-web.com from task manager before removing it from the browser.
Open task manager by pressing Win+R keys at the same time and type “taskmgr” in the search blank.
Under Programs Click on Uninstall a program (or Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP/Vista/7).
Select Vosteran and click the button “Uninstall/Change”.
Step2: Reset Browser Settings
Open Control Panel, and then choose Internet Options image. When the window opens, select “advanced tab” and hit the button “Reset”. When it pops up a window ask if you want to reset all IE settings, please check the term “delete personal settings” and click on the button “Reset” of the current window.
Click on the gear icon or open the Chrome menu icon at the top right of Chrome, and open the drop-down menu. Then, select “Settings” at the left corner of the screen. In the showing window, click on underlined “Show advanced settings” in blue on the bottom of the screen.
In the showing window, click the button “Reset Browser Settings”.
And then, a window will pop up to ensure if you want to reset all settings, click “Reset” to agree.
Open the drop-down menu by clicking on Firefox orange button and select “Help” option. Then select “Troubleshooting Information”.
Click on “Reset Firefox” button in the showing window.
To ensure the action, click on “Reset Firefox” in opened window. Finally click on Finish button when it ends the whole resetting.
1. Press “Windows” + “R” keys at the same time to open Run Command Box, and then type “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\” and click the button OK to search for Hosts file or you can head to Windows search blank and type “hosts” to find Hosts file.
2. When the window shows Host icon, right click on it and select “open with notepad” in the menu.
3. Then, it appears as note format. Find out the line of Vosteran website, and delete the line.
4. After you finish the steps above, open File tab of the window and select “Save” to end the change.
Step4: Reset Browser Shortcut
1. Head to the desktop or File Explorer, and find out the icon of hijacked browser. Right click on the image and open a menu, and then select “Properties”.
3. Next, select General tab and check the term “read-only”. Finally, click OK to save the change.
Step Five: Show Hidden Files and Remove Infected Files
1. Head to Control Panel and find out Appearance and Personalization icon, then click on it and then select Folder Options.
2. In showing window, select View tab and scroll down to check the term “show hidden files, folders and driver”. And then click “OK” to save change.
3. If you are Windows 8 user, you need to access to File/Windows Explorer. In showing window, choose File tab and check the term “show hidden items” and “file name extensions” as “show hidden file” operation. Click “OK” to save change.
4. Access to C:\ disk and navigate the malicious and infected files of Vosteran hijacker. Check following reference to delete all related files and folders.
2. Open the HKEY in the left pane and navigate the subkeys related to Vosteran hijacker and the values named random characters. Right click on them and select “Delete” option in the menu.
3. Finally, empty Recycle Bin and reboot computer and browser to check if it works.
Remove Homepage-web.com Automatically by SpyHunter
As we all know, Homepage-web.com is a browser hijacker that modifies your browser settings and then leads your computer to potential computer security threats. Therefore, it is important that you remove Homepage-web.com as soon as possible. Browser hijackers often become tools in big malware distribution schemes, and you should never allow your computer to be attacked by dangerous cyber. However, the removal of a browser hijacker is a little complicated than removing an adware. Therefore, it is recommended that the computer user can use a good anti-malware tool to help you to uninstall Homepage-web.com entirely and for good.
SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner is free for malware detection.
First, you can run a free scan for malware detection.
Second, if SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to download SpyHunter’s malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Please follow these steps to install SpyHunter.
Step1: Click the yellow icon “Download”. When you click the yellow button, you can see the next step as step2 shows.
Step2: When you click the link in the step1, you should click the button “Run” in step2.
Step3: Please click the button “OK” and you will enter the next step – step4.
Step6: When you click the button “INSTALL” in step5, you will see a pop-up window as step6 shows. Please wait for several minutes in this step.
Step9: When you finish the step8, you will see the SpyHunter is scanning and detecting your computer as step9 shows bellow.
Homepage-web.com is really a great threat to computer users and it has been a great trouble to the computer users worldwide. It is awfully annoying for surfing the Internet. In some cases, those components related to Homepage-web.com cannot be found or removed, it may be necessary to use a good antispyware to automatically remove Homepage-web.com and its files to stop the constant redirects and unwanted home page loads. And SpyHunter is the very one you need to download to help you remove the Homepage-web.com and safeguard your PC from malicious malware.