About a week ago my wife's 3 year old Acer Aspire started performing very slowly and running very hot. Tasks took a long time and multi-tasking caused a freeze. It would intermittently shut itself down or fade to a blank screen.This morning I ran Task Manager and noticed that dllhost.exe is consuming 90-95% of memory and a considerable proportion of CPU power, even when the laptop is idle. Clearly that is making the fan race and is generating heat which is causing the shutdowns.
Dllhost.exe entangles with the target system sneakily:
The infiltration of Dllhost.exe is quite simple that done through security holes in the compromised PC together with infected downloads for unreliable internet sources. Moreover, with the help of junk email attachments and spam links, Dllhost.exe spreads widely over the internet. As a result, you cannot be too careful when you install free software into your PC; you should always choose custom installation and avoid install anything that are unfamiliar to you. Besides, you need to be cautious when clicking some links and do not open unknown email attachments.
Tips to Prevent Dllhost.exe Invasion:
• Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives, and disconnect the drives when not required. If write access is not required, enable read-only mode if the option is available.
• Update the virus database of the installed antivirus software on a regular basis. Please keep it running real-time protection to lower the chance of being attacked. • Turn off file sharing if not needed. If file sharing is required, use ACLs and password protection to limit access. Disable anonymous access to shared folders. Grant access only to user accounts with strong passwords to folders that must be shared.
Method one: Step by Step Manual Guide to Get Rid of Dllhost.exe1. Restart your computer into safe mode with networking by pressing F8 key constantly before the Windows starts to launch.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to open the Windows Task Manager to stop the processes related to Dllhost.exe .
3. Show up Folder Options from Control Panel. Check the box of "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)", then click "OK".
4. The related registry entries of Dllhost.exe to be deleted as listed below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random] HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\svflooje\Enum\[random]
5. Locate and delete Dllhost.exe associated files:
%AppData%\Protector-[random].exe %appdata%\npswf32.dll %appdata%\Inspector-[rnd].exe
Help from Video Tutorial
Method Two: Dllhost.exe automatic removal instruction:
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2. Double-click on the downloaded file. If asked to allow program to make changes to this computer, click “Yes” button.
3. In this step, please accept the Licence Agreement and click “Next >” button.
4. After the definition database is downloaded, system scan will automatically start.
5.Remove all the threats completely from your PC
Additional Guide: Improve your PC performance by uninstalling all the unnecessary programs
With Perfect Uninstaller, you can uninstall unneeded applications in your system easier and faster. The Standard Add /Remove Program often can't completely uninstall some applications and broken registry keys, unlike your own pc Add/Remove Program , Perfect Uninstall can't only uninstall the applications it selves, but also can clean the registry files they leave over, it will protect your PC from corrupted registry errors , improve your PC performance and speed !
Step 1. Clicking the icon as below.
Step 2. Finish the installation process.
In a few seconds you will see an alert box like the one in the figure below. Select "Run" to download and install Perfect Uninstaller. If you prefer you may save the Perfect Uninstaller setup file (PerfectUninstaller_Setup.exe) to your computer and install the software later by clicking on the 'Save' button.
Step 3. After the successful installation, you may be able to see all your installed programs details. Choose the one you want to uninstall and click “Next” to remove it completely and thoroughly.
Note: Due to the changeable characters of Dllhost.exe , you cannot be too careful to distinguish the harmful files and registries from the system files and registries. If you have spend too much time in manual removing Dllhost.exe and still not make any progress, you’d better stop and choose the automatic removal method - download and install Spyhunter here to remove Dllhost.exe for you immediately.
>>San Your System And Remove Dllhost.exe!
>>Download Dllhost.exe Remove For Free Here!
(Kindly reminder, if you want to remove some formal programs to speed up your PC, Perfect Uninstaller is a better and easier way for you to completely and safely uninstall any unneeded or corrupt application that standard Windows Add/Remove applet can't remove. Download Perfect Uninstaller here to completely remove Adobe, Aol Toolbar, Avast, AVG, ESET NOD32, Internet Explorer 8, McAfee, Microsoft Office, Nero 7, Norton, ESET NOD32 and much more difficult to completely uninstall applications! )