Description of Trojan: Win21/patched.ap
Trojan: Win21/patched.ap is a nasty and stubborn computer threat which belongs to the Trojan horse category. Technically speaking, it gets into your computer via downloading suspicious spam email attachments and links. While being executed, it is able to disorder your computer and finally crash it down.
- It may put its malicious files and registry entries to your system.
- It may delete some key files of your system or programs to make them run into disorder.
- It may add harmful codes that may cause unauthorized changes on compromised PC.
- It always runs in the background and eats up your system resources.
- It drags down the running speed of your PC.
- It may open a backdoor for remote users to get access to your PC.
- It uses a backdoor to download other malicious infections on your PC.
In brief, having Trojan: Win21/patched.ap may direct your system into many troubles and cause fatal errors. Therefore, you’d better delete Trojan: Win21/patched.ap as quickly as you can when it is fond.
Useful tips on removing Trojan: Win21/patched.ap
- Option One: Trojan: Win21/patched.ap Manual Removal Instruction
- Option Two: Trojan: Win21/patched.ap Automatic Removal Instruction Using SpyHunter
Option One: Trojan: Win21/patched.ap Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking
Restart the computer and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
Step 2. End all the harmful running processes
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK. Stop all the suspicious running processes.
Step 3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by Trojan: Win21/patched.ap
Click Start menu; click Run; type: msconfig in the Run box; click OK to open the System Configuration Utility; Disable all possible startup items generated.
Step 5. Show hidden files and folders and delete all the following files.
Guide: click the Start button and choose Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, to find Folder Options then double-click on it. In the pop-up dialog box, click the View tab and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Step 6. Delete the following registry entries created by Trojan: Win21/patched.ap
Open Registry Editor to delete all the registries as below Guide: open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter.)
Step 7. Reset your web browsers to clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies.
Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools > Internet options. Here, go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button. Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings and click on Reset option. Finally, click Close and OK to save the changes.
Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information. Here, select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
Open Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin. Now click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
There may be some other issues such as windows registry errors in your system. To avoid potential risk and to delete junk files, we recommended RegCure Pro.
Step 8. Optimize your PC using RegCure Pro
Note: You can download and use RegCure Pro with confidence for it doesn't contain any additional items or conflict with your current used antivirus program.
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems.
1. Click the below button to download RegCure Pro to your PC.
2. Click the Run button to enter in installation process and then follow the instruction to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the Click to Start Scan button to run a system scan on your computer.
4. The first system scan will take some time, please be patient. The screenshot of the system scan progress is shown below.
5. When the system scan is done, click on Fix All button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc.
Step 1. Click on the below button to free download SpyHunter on your PC.
Step 2. Click the Run button to enter the setup program and follow the installation steps until setup is complete.
Step 3. When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to exit the installation.
Step 5. Allow the program to scan by clicking the Scan Computer Now! button. If you would like to have a quick scan on your PC, please check the Quick Scan box; otherwise, uncheck it.
Step 6. The first scan will take some time, please be patient while waiting for the scanning result.
Trojan: Win21/patched.ap is really a malicious computer threat that can perform many evil tasks on the infected PC. It is advised to remove this risky Trojan immediately.
Download SpyHunter to delete Trojan: Win21/patched.ap completely.
Download RegCure Pro to fix slow PC performance easily.
Note: The free versions of SypHunter and RegCure Pro are only for detection. If they detect malware or junk files on your PC, you will need to purchase the removal tool to remove the malware or junk files.